Representation office of foreign business entity (non-resident) in Ukraine – it is an institution that represents the interests of foreign business entity in Ukraine, which has properly appointed authority.
The activity of the representative office of a foreign business entity is terminated:
- In case of liquidation of a foreign business entity, which has its representative office in Ukraine.
- In the event of termination of the agreement with a foreign state, if the representation is open on the basis of this agreement, and this is expressly provided for by the agreement.
- Based on the decision of the foreign business entity that opened the representative office.
- In case of violation by a foreign business entity or its representative office of the legislation of Ukraine, in this case the activity of the representative office is terminated in court.
The most common reason for closing a representative office of a foreign company is the termination of the representation on the basis of a decision of the foreign business entity that opened the representative office in Ukraine.
To liquidate a representative office of a foreign company upon the decision of the owner, the following actions are necessary:
- The decision to close a representative office of a foreign legal entity. The decision is made in the form that complies with the legislation of the country in which the foreign company is registered. Also liquidator or liquidation commission of the representative office should be appointed by decision.
- Properly made documents, namely:
— decisions of the parent company on the liquidation of the representative office;
— power of attorney for the liquidator;
— power of attorney for representatives, authorized persons.
- Notification of the Ministry on liquidation of the representative office.
- Notification of creditors and debtors of the liquidation of the representative office.
- Dismissal of representation staff.
- The closure of bank accounts, except for liquidation The account will be needed later for the final settlement.
- Property inventory of representative office.
- Passing inspections at government agencies, obtaining a certificate, followed by deregistration.
- Debt collection from debtors and settlement of accounts with creditors, payment of fines.
- Closure of last bank account.
- Returning to the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of official cards of foreign employees, as well as other original documents of a representative office, such as a certificate of registration of a representative office.
- Transfer to the archival institution of documents of representation in accordance with the requirements of the legislation of Ukraine.
- Obtaining a decision of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade on the cancellation of the registration record in the registry of representative offices.
- Submission of registration form to the statistics authority on exclusion from the registry.
- Destruction of seals and stamps of representative office.
In accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine, a representative office is one that has ceased its economic activity since the exclusion of the registration record from the register of representative offices.
- Years of experience in support of the liquidation procedure of business entities. ⇒Example is described in the article “Representative office of a non-resident in Ukraine: from the experience of legal support”
- Individual approach to each client.
- Fair price.
Terms of cooperation:
- Assessment of the situation and identification of risks.
- Development of the most optimal plan of action and coordination with the client of prices for services and stages of their provision.
- Implementation of the work plan in a short time.
What services we deliver:
- Conducting a preliminary audit of the enterprise.
- Preparing the necessary package of documents.
- Supporting all activities related to the liquidation of the representative office.
*The term of liquidation of a representative office of a foreign company – from 60 business days — it cannot be less according to Ukrainian legislation!
** Cost of liquidation of a representative office of a foreign company in Ukraine – from 15 000 UAH.
*+**Terms and cost of services may vary depending on the volume of business activities of the representative office.
- Taboo on parallel import, or Legalization of monopoly in Ukraine
- Concession in Ukraine
- Opening of the official representative office of the Georgian wine company in Ukraine
- Successful resolution of the car accident case, or How the two Mercedeses met for hundreds thousands of damage
- The Law Firm “Legal Consulting Center” supports the construction of a ground photovoltaic power plant in the Kharkiv region